July 14, 2011

Visit at Dad's!







Nana was missing in action this week but we still went for a visit with Dad, Sarah and Alex.  Dinner was great but a big highlight for me was trying to explain "Love You Forever" to Sarah as she stared like a deer in the headlights at me crying and sobbing while talking.  She nonchalantly asked me about the book and why I had it in Sawyer's diaper bag.  I tried telling her that it's a very special story etc. and was explaining it to her page by page.  I almost got the end and I could feel the tears building up as I tried to explain that the mom was old and sick and the little baby who was now a man was taking care of her, singing to her like she used to do for him.  Then Sarah turned to the page to the man now rocking and singing to his little baby and I lost it.  Sarah looked at me like I was crazy....

No comments:

Post a Comment